As we finish this module, I would like you to stop for a moment and reflect on whether your child is ready to move on to the next module. If your progress is slow, don’t worry! Just carry on teaching the vocabulary step-by-step.
At this point, you should have:
- Taught some basic body parts
- Incorporated teaching clothing items into your dress-time routine
- Started making mealtimes fun, learning experiences with all the different types of food and their names.
Sharing time: What was the most impactful tool or concept that you learned?
Before you move on, I’d love it if you would share one thing on the Facebook group that you learned in this module that has really made a difference to your child’s speech and language development.
- What did you try, and how did your child respond?
- Have you introduced any new activities in your house to make speech and language learning a consistent part of your day?
- What suggestions would you make to other parents whose children are at a similar stage to yours?
There is so much that we can learn from each other, so I can’t wait to read about how you’ve been applying your learning so far.