In this video, we did a recap of the module and reflected on what you have learned so far.
At this point, you should have:
- Set up in-person speech & language therapy for your child
- Been completing the checklists, tasks and reflections in your workbook
- Worked on your mindset to help you focus on the future
- Recognized the support system that you have available
- Begun to reduce your child’s screen time
- Been using the techniques we talked about to help with your child’s speech as part of your everyday ‘chores’
- Tried out one song and one game
Before you move on…
Please make sure that you have completed your workbook tasks and that you feel your child is ready to take the next step in their language journey.
If you are looking for more ideas to enhance your child’s social connection, watch my YouTube tutorials on these additional songs and games.
In the next module, you’ll have lots of opportunities to boost cognitive skills so that you can nudge your child towards speech even more. I’ll see you there!
Sharing time: What was the most impactful tool or concept that you learned?
Before you move on, I’d love it if you would share one thing that you learned in this module that has really made a difference to your child’s speech and language development.
- What did you try, and how did your child respond?
- Have you introduced any new activities in your house to make speech and language learning a consistent part of your day?
- What suggestions would you make to other parents whose children are at a similar stage to yours?
There is so much that we can learn from each other, I can’t wait to read about how you’ve been applying your learning so far.